LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 27: Neymar of Brazil fights for ball with Alan Hutton of Scotland during the International friendly match between Brazil and Scotland at Emirates Stadium on March 27, 2011 in London, England. (Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)
And, unfortunately, it looks like I've broken my cardinal rule. Yesterday I reported that Real Madrid, Santos and Neymar either had already agreed--or were about to agree--to terms on a contract and tranfer fee that would allow the young Brazilian to join los blancos in January.
Now today he came out and said a bunch of things that make this rumor suddenly much less palatable to me (though perhaps Mr. Chef Timm will disagree with the usage of that word):
"I'm not interested in Real Madrid and Barcelona right now. I've already said everything that I need to say, and everyone knows it." Source: Real Madrid Fanboy Tabloid #1
And of course, that same tabloid reported--and I want to stress this, only hours after reporting that this was a done deal--that "his future is still up in the air." They do mention that they think he'll be in Madrid in January, but their standards of journalism are suspect...at best. Oh, and he also said "Barcelona are the best team in the world," which might be true, but is definitely not the kind of thing you want to hear from your star signing.
Well, screw it. I'm so effing tired of this whole situation. I promised on Twitter the other day that I'd rip my keyboard in half if this report was wrong...
@TheShortFuse if it turns out that this particular report is unfounded, I'll rip a keyboard in half and video it. You have my word.
and while it hasn't been disproven yet, I did record a video where I smashed my keyboard.
I'll post it up here shortly (as soon as it uploads to YouTube). So enjoy that. Here it is, enjoy (credit to my brother Nat for producing it):