'Marca' reported last Saturday that Gareth Bale has a slipped disc that could require surgery. That same Saturday morning, Real Madrid denied 'Marca's piece and launched an official statement to clear up Bale's situation.
One way or another, Bale has been recovering from the thigh injury he suffered against Atlético Madrid. He didn't get a preseason and he's paying the price now. Luckily enough for him and Real Madrid, he's used these days to recover well, and he could even be back against Málaga this Saturday (16:00 CET).
Real Madrid have a tough week ahead. They will receive Juventus next Wednesday and then they will play the first Clásico of the season at the Camp Nou on Saturday October 26th. Bale should be completely ready for both games.
More from Managing Madrid:
- Real Madrid's Internationals Roundup
- Gareth Bale Controversy, Internationals Play, Bernabéu Bites 10.12.2013
- Real Madrid Launch Statement: Bale Has No Slipped Disc
- Report: Gareth Bale Has Slipped Disc, Could Need Back Surgery
- Transfer Talk Is Back With Gündogan And Llorente, Bernabéu Bites 10.11.2013
- Raphäel Varane Training Again, Will Be Ready to Play