The ultras' time is over. For the first time since the extreme supporters were founded in 1980, Real Madrid will kick them out of the stands in order to have a supporting crew without political meanings, according to both 'COPE' and 'Cadena SER'.
It certainly looks like there's truth behind those reports, as their zone in the stands has been empty for the last three home games against Real Sociedad, Galatasaray and Valladolid. The few ultras who were at the match last Saturday sung for "affordable tickets for the fondo Sur".
It would be a good decision to get rid of the Ultras Sur if the club manages to create a good supporting crew with young people. Four members of the Ultras Sur were fined after displaying nazi flags and banners against Atlético Madrid.
Managing Madrid understands that the club should announce this decision via official statement in the upcoming weeks.
What's your take on this decision?
- Bernabéu Bites, 12.01.2013: Breaking: Bale's Spanish Not As Good As His Game
- Ancelotti speaks after the 4-0 win over Valladolid
- Real Madrid Vs Valladolid, Liga 2013-2014: Gareth Bale's Hat Trick Gives Real 4-0 Win
- Real Madrid Vs Real Valladolid, Liga 2013-2014: Community Ratings
- Real Madrid Vs Real Valladolid, Liga BBVA 2013-2014: Confirmed Lineups