- The Daily Mail is reporting that Spurs have scooped both Madrid and Manchester United in the race to sign 17-year old Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Alen Halilovec. The Mail describes the player as "the new Luka Modric." Not exactly sure why Real would be in for a 'new Modric' when they already have a perfectly good real one, but hey, these are the things actual newspapers are reporting.
- Staying with the Mail--the paper also alleges that Real Madrid are one of the clubs Wayne Rooney is interested in joining should the English international decide to leave Old Trafford this summer.
- Iker Casillas recently admitted to Radio Marca that Diego Lopez "deserves to continue playing" in goal and is likely to continue being Madrid's number one keeper next season. This article is definitely worth a read, as Casillas offers a very humble, sobering perspective on his injury, recent struggles and determination to regain his place in the starting XI.
- El Pais's Rob Train has an interesting take on what role Isco could play under Carlo Ancelotti. The piece provides excellent background on the burgeoning superstar and also includes a rather stunning theory as to what current player could make way to accommodate him.
- Rumors of Manchester City's interest in Pepe continue to intensify. It is thought that Manuel Pellegrini is dead-set on pairing the Real defender with Vincent Kompany to form the heart of revamped backline at the Etihad.
A lot to ponder there as the Transfer window opens in earnest today. What do you think?