Welcome to another Manic Monday edition of Bernabeu Bites coming to you live from a humid, crowded already frazzled sliver of the District of Columbia! All aboard.
- Former Real Madrid and current Monaco defender Ricardo Carvalho recently offered his take on the future paths of two of his fellow countrymen. Speaking to the Portuguese newspaper A Bola, Carvalho was quoted as saying: "I'm sure that he'll renew. Every player who leaves Madrid ends up regretting it. Cristiano is a winner, and always wants to win, so I'm sure that he'll stay on." Carvalho seemed less sure of Fabio Coentrao's future in the Spanish capital and hinted that the mercurial left-back may be pondering other options, with Benfica rumored to be very interested in repatriating him. Interesting comments from Carvalho to say the least.
- A few different outlets, including the Guardian, are reporting that Tottenham are considering a bid for Jese Rodriguez. The budding Spanish starlet is thought to want a legitimate chance for significant first-team football during the upcoming season and could be interested in what Andre-Villas Boas has in mind for him should Spurs lodge an actual bid for his services.
- Amidst widespread reports that Liverpool rejected a 30 million Euro bid from Arsenal for Luis Suarez, Arsenal blogger Sam Limbert wonders whether the bid was lodged as a tactical measure to pressure Real Madrid into finalizing an agreement for Gonzalo Higuain. Some outlets are reporting that Carlo Ancelotti will attempt to persuade the Argentine striker to remain at the Bernabeu in talks later this week. For now it is interesting to observe how the fates of Suarez and Higuain seem to be strangely intertwined.
- Goal.com is reporting that Los Blancos, PSG and Chelsea are set to battle over the signature of Roma stalwart Daniele De Rossi, with Roma considered to be open to bids in excess of 15 million Euros.
- Finally in keeping with Chris's tradition of closing with an absolutely insane rumor--Yahoo UK are reporting that AC Milan have rejected a bid from Real Madrid for Mario Balotelli. Why always him indeed!
- UPDATED: Marca is reporting that Carlo Ancelotti told the club's board in no uncertain terms that he wants Pepe to stay with Real Madrid and thus the defender will not be sold this summer.
So there you have it. Thoughts are encouraged.