- Arsenal reportedly tried to sign Gonzalo Higuaín, but the Argentinian player went to Italy instead. But Arsène Wenger still wants to sign a striker, and he's focusing on Karim Benzema, according to Le 10 Sport. Arsenal are trying to sign Luis Suárez as well, and Benzema being Real's only pure striker this rumor probably makes no sense even though they would be willing to pay 46M€.
- Marca is back with the Bale saga. They now say that Florentino Pérez had two meetings with Tottenham's President Daniel Levy. According to their report, Real Madrid would be willing to complete the deal this very same week in order to unveil the Welsh star next Tuesday. That way, Bale would be ready to play in Real Madrid's first match against Betis, Sunday 18th.
- Varane and Real Madrid are ready to extend their contract, L'Equipe says. It would make a lot of sense for the club to sign this promising defender to a new deal, since he emerged as one of the world's greatest young players last season. He should also be a candidate for the 2014 Golden Boy Award.
- In case you didn't know, we had Pedro covering Real's adventure in Miami, while Jared also did a great job in UCLA. We would like to thank Real Madrid for the credentials given to our site, and we can only hope our users enjoyed the coverage.
More from Managing Madrid:
- Cristiano Ronaldo: "I Always Speak On The Pitch"
- LIVE: Carlo Ancelotti's Post-Match Press Conference
- Real Madrid Vanquish Chelsea 3-1 To Claim Guinness International Champions Cup