Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Signs New Contract

Denis Doyle

Real Madrid announced the deal on the official website. An event to announce the details of the new deal will be held this Sunday (13:45 CET).

It's finally official.Those who were worried about Cristiano Ronaldo refusing to sign a new contract after Gareth Bale's arrival might be happier now. The Portuguese player will indeed sign a new contract which will end in 2018. According to reports, Cristiano Ronaldo will earn around 17M€ per year.

Ronaldo will therefore be 32 years old when this contract ends, so Real Madrid could even be the last big club in his career. The Portuguese player will get 60% of his image rights, with Real Madrid holding the other 40%. Being Cristiano Ronaldo such an interesting athlete for marks around the world, the club will still get a lot of money from Ronaldo's sponsors.

More from Managing Madrid:

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Managing Madrid

You must be a member of Managing Madrid to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Managing Madrid. You should read them.

Join Managing Madrid

You must be a member of Managing Madrid to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Managing Madrid. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9353_tracker