- Cristiano Ronaldo is our man. The Portuguese finally put pen to paper. Lucas covered the news as it broke here, if you haven't read it yet. A lot of nice, positive things were said by Ronaldo as he finally put a stamp on his intent to stay in Madrid. I'll defer to the lovely Rhiannon Jones for picking out the best line:
- Diario As has run out another Ronaldo goals compilation for the momentous day. All 203 goals are available for your viewing pleasure here.
- Nicholas Rigg and Sid Lowe both wrote up Gareth Bale's debut in white. Rigg recapped the match with special attention paid to Bale's individual performance. It's a glass-half-full type of read, so some of the doom-and-gloomers around here may need to take a look. Lowe recapped the Spanish press reactions to Bale's performance, all the way from the predictable, cheesy wordplay from Marca to the cynical foretelling of a clash between Ronaldo and Bale from the Catalan-centric Sport.
- Real Madrid's 20-man list for Tuesday's Champions League clash at Galatasaray has been released. Arbeloa is included, so that's a sigh of relief. Long live the spartan traffic cone!
More from Managing Madrid:
- Official: Cristiano Ronaldo Signs New Contract
- Real Madrid Run Out of Luck at Villareal
- Real Madrid Drops Points at El Madrigal (2-2)
- Asier Illarramendi Kicks Off His Real Madrid Career Against Villarreal