We're going to try something new here and take a quick look at the players and puzzle pieces moving around Europe on this most hectic and blessed of days.
A couple of confirmed and close to confirmed deals to report:
- Starting with Real Madrid, Managing Madrid is excited to report that Los Blancos fullback Nacho Fernandez has been called up to the Spanish National Team for their upcoming World Cup Qualifying match against Finland. Managing Madrid wishes to congratulate Nacho for this great honor and opportunity
- Liverpool have landed PSG centerback Mamadou Sahko as well as Sporting centerback Tiago Ilori. The Merseyside outfit also secured the services of Victor Moses from Chelsea on a one-year loan deal.
- The Guardian are reporting, via a contact in Spain, that Manchester United have agreed to meet Ander Herrera's €36 million release clause. Bilbao are reportedly stipulating that the money be paid in full up-front. The deal is expected to be officially announced as soon as United completes the payment.
- There are also many rumblings that United will finally secure Marouane Fellaini's signature this evening after their toothless, lethargic showing at Anfield yesterday and this has Everton scrambling to line up potential replacements, with deals for Porto's Fernando and Wigan's James McCarthy being mooted and allegedly in various stages of completion.
- Besides the jaw-dropping move for Madrid's Mesut Ozil--Arsenal are believed to be close to securing Demba Ba from Chelsea on a one-year loan deal. The Gunners are also understood to be nearing the purchase of Palermo keeper Emiliano Viviano. The Mirror's John Cross, usually very plugged into to the mysterious inner workings of the Emirates, is reporting that team is still monitoring Angel Di Maria and Julian Draxler. Stay tuned.
- An interesting rumor regarding Juan Mata has started making the rounds, as apparently Liverpool have had a reported £30 million bid for the Spanish playmaker rejected out of hand by Chelsea. Before even finishing that sentence, the Guardian and ESPN are now reporting that PSG are seriously in for Mata. Wow.
That's it for your early morning Transfer Window round-up. Stay tuned as we'll all be providing updates throughout the day.