Real Madrid defender Marcelo injured his harmstring during Brazil's win against Australia. The Brazilian left back is expected to be out around 3 weeks.
Luckily enough for Real Madrid, Coentrao stayed. He will now replace Marcelo, being a much more reliable backup for that position than Nacho or Arbeloa.
Neither Marcelo nor Cristiano Ronaldo will play with their National Teams this next Tuesday. Ronaldo is also recovering from a minor injury that shouldn't sideline him for Real Madrid's next game against Villarreal.
Real Madrid fans can only hope for no more injuries during this FIFA break.
More from Managing Madrid:
- Analyzing Real Madrid's Summer and First Three Games of the Season, Managing Madrid Podcast
- Carlo Ancelotti: "We Have A Fantastic Roster"
- Di María: "I Am Staying With Real Madrid, I Have Ancelotti's Trust", Bernabéu Bites 09.06.2013
- Gareth Bale to Real Madrid: Tactical Analysis
- Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao, La Liga 2013: Match Analysis and View From the Press Seats