No need to panic yet. But Marca is reporting a slipped disc on Gareth Bale's back that could send him to surgery. According to their piece, the Welsh player is not feeling pain at this point in time, so he might not need to have that surgery that could sideline him up to four months.
In the report is to be believed, Real Madrid's doctors found that injury on Bale's medical before signing his contract with Real Madrid, but the club decided to confirm the deal.
It should be pointed that Gonzalo Higuaín had surgery on that injury during the 2010-2011 season and missed near to four months of action. It will be interesting to see if the club confirms the injury via Carlo Ancelotti. But Marca's story could also be denied. Real Madrid fans will have to wait and see.
More from Managing Madrid:
- Transfer Talk Is Back With Gündogan And Llorente, Bernabéu Bites 10.11.2013
- Raphäel Varane Training Again, Will Be Ready to Play
- Raphäel Varane Leaves France's Training Session - Bernabéu Bites, 10/10/2013
- Bernabeu Bites: Roberto Carlos, Harry Redknapp & A Japanese Sensation
- Real Madrid: Between Patience and Ambition