This Saturday, Spanish sports daily Marca reported Gareth Bale has a slipped disc on his back that could require surgery. He would miss up to four months if surgery was needed, according to their report.
But Real Madrid released a statement to deny Marca's story quite soon. This is what the club had to say:
1. It is totally false that Bale has that reported injury on his back.
2. The club confirmed that Bale has no injury this Thursday. Surprisingly, the sports daily refused to report this conversation.
3. Bale has a protrusion that is common in many football players. That doesn't affect the normal development of his professional activity.
Real Madrid did well by denying Marca's report. It's good to see that Bale doesn't have anything serious on his back. He will be ready to play against Barcelona and Juventus.
More from Managing Madrid:
- Report: Gareth Bale Has Slipped Disc, Could Need Back Surgery
- Transfer Talk Is Back With Gündogan And Llorente, Bernabéu Bites 10.11.2013
- Raphäel Varane Training Again, Will Be Ready to Play
- Raphäel Varane Leaves France's Training Session - Bernabéu Bites, 10/10/2013
- Bernabeu Bites: Roberto Carlos, Harry Redknapp & A Japanese Sensation