- Gareth Bale will have to be with Wales' national team even though he is injured. Chris Coleman will not play him, but he wants to see whether the injury is serious enough or not, he said. This seems to be wasting Bale's time, so he might return to Madrid after Wales' doctors check his thigh out.
- Iker Casillas spoke to the press after Real's 4-0. It was Casillas' official return to the Bernabéu after being Real Madrid's reserve goalkeeper for the last six months. Casillas had a good game and he said the following.
Eight months is quite a long time, but my idea is to finish my career here.
- Didier Deschamps has also given Varane an opportunity to play for France again. It will be good for the young defender to have more minutes -if possible- in order to get match-fit. Varane said after the match that it was a pleasure to be back on the pitch again after his knee injury.
- Carlo Ancelotti thought the team played well. He also said that the team played with a 4-4-2 formation -although it seemed a 4-3-3- with Cristiano and Di María more focused on the wings. He was also happy with Khedira, Illarra and Modric's work.
More from Managing Madrid:
- Real Madrid Vs. Copenhagen, 2013 UEFA Champions League Group Stage Match Recap: Four On The Floor
- Real Madrid Vs Copenhaguen, Champions League 2013-2014: Confirmed Lineups
- Report: Gareth Bale Will Be Out Up To Three Weeks
- Real Madrid Vs Copenhaguen, Champions League 2013-2014: Projected Lineups and Match Preview
- Gareth Bale Out of Real Madrid's List to Face Copenhaguen