Pretty intense 7-3 win against Sevilla. It is not often that you see 10 goals in just a single game. Ancelotti has some reasons to be worried about the team's defensive line but it's true that they can only get better. The first of Sevilla's goals came from the penalty spot and there's nothing that could have been done about the third one. Still, here are Managing Madrid's Player Ratings.
- Diego López: B+ Really good game by López. Yes, the team conceded three goals, but Real Madrid's goalkeeper saved his team twice. Sevilla could've even scored the 3-3, but López was there to save it and create Real Madrid's counterattack that ended up being the 4-2. That save probably changed the game.
- Álvaro Arbeloa: C+ He was whistled by the fans. No Real Madrid player deserves that, but Arbeloa's form isn't great at the moment, that's for sure. His positioning on Sevilla's second goal was awful and his overall contribution after that moment wasn't great neither. He needs to improve.
- Raphäel Varane: B- He improved quite a bit since the 2-1 against Barcelona, but he's still not as fast as he was before the injury. He will slowly get in shape, though. He probably was Real Madrid's best defender of the match.
- Sergio Ramos: C Ramos had a rough night. The penalty should not have been called, true, but he's also to blame in Sevilla's second goal for his terrible positioning. He was inspired by Arbeloa's in that play.
- Marcelo: C+ Average game from the Brazilian defender. He didn't have that much work to do offensively considering how well Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo and Benzema were playing, but you always expect more out of him.
- Asier Illarramendi: C+ Illarra couldn't play as well as in the Camp Nou. His defensive work-rate wasn't as important. He can play better.
- Sami Khedira: C- Invisible throughout the whole match, Sami needs to track back better. He should've been close to Ivan Rakitic on Sevilla's third goal but the German midfielder was caught out of position instead.
- Isco: B- He lacked Modric's defensive intensity and he could've scored Real's first goal. Isco should try to look for the pass faster instead of holding onto the ball as much as he's doing it right now. Still, he played fairly well.
- Gareth Bale: A This was an outstanding performance by the Welsh player in his first complete match at the Bernabéu. Two goals and two assists are no joke. WhoScored gave him a perfect 10 for this game.
- Cristiano Ronaldo: A This was truly an average game for him. Still, he managed to score a hattrick. What a legend. Commander Ronaldo.
- Karim Benzema: A+ If stats mattered in football, Bale would've topped Benzema's match. But Karim's game cannot possibly be improved. What a performance. Two goals and he was also very important for Cristiano Ronaldo and Bale. This is the striker Real Madrid need.
- Luka Modric: B Decent game for Modric. The Croatian midfielder helps the team a lot more than Isco when the opposition have the ball. He is the key midfielder for Carlo Ancelotti.
- Xabi Alonso: B He's back after five months. And he looked well, trying to leak some passes to the offensive line and all. Good news for Real Madrid.
- Ángel Di María: - He didn't have much time to grade him.
- Carlo Ancelotti: B+ He's lucky to have Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema. But it's true that he replaced Isco for Modric when Sevilla were trying to fight back. Good substitutions. Still, he should make his decision about Jesé and Morata right now.