- Good news for Real Madrid's fans. After playing the last thirty minutes against Sevilla, it seems that. Xabi Alonso is fully recovered: "I don't know if Alonso will play the whole match, but he will definitely be in the line-up". On the other hand, Varane was the only man who did not take part in this morning's training session and will not appear tomorrow: "He does not have any particular problem. He has played two consecutive matches and we need to be careful with his knee, so we want him to rest. He is likely to be back against Juventus".
- When asked about his rotation policy, Carletto was clear: "Not only because of the match against Juve, but also because we need to play with intensity, some of the players that did not play against Sevilla will be on the field tomorrow". The answer shows that he is aware of the difficulty of playing in Vallecas, and he confirmed it later: "We are playing a derby tomorrow, and these matches are always difficult. We have beaten them in the last five occasions, but it has never been easy".
- The great performance of Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema against Sevilla should not be a problem for Di María: "Ángel can play in a different position, he has started very well and we want him on the team. Our three strikers were really good last Wednesday and they are fresh, but I am not sure if they will start again tomorrow".
- Obviously, there were some critics on Sevilla's match: "I want our team to be concentrated for ninety minutes. Our attack was fine, but we need to mend some defensive issues". About Bernabéu's whistling on Álvaro Arbeloa, Carletto supported his player: "Álvaro's words after the match were pretty good. He understands the whistling and will work more to fix it, and thanks for the applause. Nevertheless, I think Carvajal will start tomorrow because he is fresher".
- Finally, on the controversy about Blatter's statement on "Commander Ronaldo", Ancelotti defended Cristiano "I am really surprised by his professionalism" and was tough to the FIFA president: "The damage is already done. Now he will only say nice words, but he should have thought a little bit before saying those things. I always recommend to count from one to ten and then speak if you still think you should. I do it many times".
Carlo Ancelotti: "Alonso Will Start"
After this morning's training session, Real Madrid's head coach met with the press. Here is what he said.