- Despite their disconforts, it seems that Ronaldo and Coentrão are fully recovered and will be able to accompany Pepe and take part in the, a priori, most interesting game in the European playoffs. Portugal faces Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the Swedish national team for a spot in the World Cup, what implies that one of the, possibly, five most talented players all around the world won't be able to travel to Brazil in June.
- It should be easy for France, against Ukraine, and for Croatia, against Iceland, to move on to the World Cup. Modrić will for sure lead the Croatians, while the appearance of Varane and Benzema in Laurent Blanc's lineup is not clear yet.
- For those who have stayed in Madrid, there was a training session this morning in Valdebebas, prior to the free weekend they have been awarded by Ancelotti.
- Moving on to the usual rumourology that usually arises in these international breaks, it is turn for the catalan newspaper Sport to state that Ancelotti is tired of his defensive wingers and is interested in signing Azpilicueta, Zabaleta or Alberto Moreno.
- The legendary defender Fernando Hierro has spoken on the Ballon d'Or controversy and, as expected, has expressed his preference for Cristiano Ronaldo. He also talked about his Málaga co-citizen Isco, from who he expects an extraordinary future in Real Madrid, and about the team, which he sees in a good condition.
- To finish, and hoping you to have a good weekend, some interesting fact about Ronaldo, pointed out in Twitter by @ChurchOfFutbol:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Cristiano has scored more goals in 2013 than any other EPL club in the same period of time. <a href="http://t.co/hpXD0lxRHP">pic.twitter.com/hpXD0lxRHP</a></p>— Ped (@ChurchOfFutbol) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChurchOfFutbol/statuses/401078100823654400">November 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Cristiano Ronaldo, Pepe, Fábio Coentrão, Luka Modrić, Raphaël Varane and Karim Benzema play their last cards to be in Brazil next summer.