- Diego López: B+ Again, Diego López saved Real Madrid just moments after Rayo's second goal. Considering that both of the goals he conceded came from the penalty spot, the Spanish goalkeeper had a fine game that allowed his team to walk away with the three points.
- Dani Carvajal: C- He was completely overwhelmed by the situation. Carvajal picked up a yellow card in the first five minutes and could've been sent off after Rayo's second goal. Not an easy game for Real's canterano, who will certainly improve from his performance.
- Pepe: C+ Yes, he's to blame for Rayo's second goal. But he was Real Madrid's best defender throughout the rest of the match. He's still a long way to go from being that dominant center back who shocked the world in the 2011-2012 season.
- Sergio Ramos: C- Another worrying performance by Ramos. He's always too much self-confident. Ancelotti needs Ramos to be aware of his weaknesses again. Real Madrid need Sergio Ramos back.
- Fàbio Coentrao: C Coentrao struggled a lot and never had the chance to play offensively before spraining his ankle.
- Xabi Alonso: C Xabi never controlled the game. He looked rusty but still showed how good he is when passing the ball.
- Luka Modric: C+ Everybody should expect more out of Luka Modric. And he's definitely not playing well in recent games, but he was decent against Rayo.
- Di María: C- Completely out of position. This wasn't the first time he played there, so he should've performed better. His decisions were always wrong.
- Gareth Bale: B+ Two assists for Gareth. The Welsh player is here, folks.
- Karim Benzema: B- Scored another goal (3 in the last 2 matches) and played well enough. Way to go, Karim.
- Cristiano Ronaldo: A The hero, a legend. He scored a world-class goal in the 3rd minute. And he even had the chance to get a second goal off a good assist by Bale. 13 goals in 12 Liga BBVA matches for him. Great.
- Asier Illarramendi: C Illarra struggled defensively and the team missed Alonso's presence when Rayo scored the second goal. He can only get better as he learns how to play the position from Alonso, his mentor.
- Marcelo: C The Brazilian defender joined the game because of Coentrao's injury. His defensive skills might not be good enough to play well in those situations.
- Álvaro Arbeloa: C+ Arbeloa had to replace Dani Carvajal because the young defender was about to be sent off. He used his experience and tried to contain Rayo's desperate charges for the equalizer. He didn't shine but he didn't fail either.
- Carlo Ancelotti: C A very wrong team list without Sami Khedira. The German midfielder should've been on the bench because the team ended up missing that kind of presence after Rayo managed to scored their second goal. Ancelotti reacted quickly when he saw that Carvajal was in danger.