- Although he has already made up his mind on a favourite starting lineup, Real Madrid's head coach defended his rotation policy: "Thanks to rotations, our players are fresher and have a better physical condition. This helps us to reduce the amount of injuries, and it is an incentive for them to do their best and earn a spot".
- On the contrary, he confirmed the main problem of Real Madrid's last games: the lack of balance: "Balance means attacking and defending well. Our attack is really good right now, we should not forget that we have scored 42 goals in 15 games, but we need to improve our defensive performance. We need to do this as a team: everyone has to work defensively". However, he confessed that he wants to mitigate the pressure on the BBC-trident: "Obviously, they need to help by keeping a good position and press against the rival's first line, but we want to defend, basically, with seven players".
- Continuing with Benzema, Bale and Ronaldo, Carletto praised their good job in the last few games: "They are really getting on. Some people were doubting if Benzema and Bale would be able to understand each other on the field and it seems very clear that they are doing so".
- We also received the news that Varane will play tomorrow: "Raphael will be a starter because he did not play on Saturday and he is fully recovered. I have not decided yet who will accompany him as a central defender".
- About tomorrow's match, Ancelotti expressed his hope of fulfilling the qualification for the next round of the competition: "Obviously, they need to beat us to still depend on themselves to qualify and we still have a good margin, but we want to win and move on to the next round as soon as possible. For sure, they will play with a lot of intensity and rhythm, but we trust on our possibilities".
Together with Raphael Varane, Carlo Ancelotti answered a few questions regarding tomorrow's match against Juventus. Find some of them here.