- While some players got the day off yesterday, the majority of the first team trained as usual today. Cristiano Ronaldo and Pepe stayed inside to work and Fabio Coentrao is continuing his recovery process separate from the rest of the squad.
- Believe it or not, Real Madrid's up and down striker, Karim Benzema, is Europe's top assist man when it comes to strikers. The Shia LaBeouf lookalike leads all strikers with seven assists and Marca singled him out for praise. The line "The Madrid attack has two electric guitars and a violin" is surprisingly good when you consider the quality of the source.
- The excellent FourFourTwo has a list of the top five creators in the Champions League this season and Real Madrid has two players on the list. Can you guess who they are? Hint: it's not Nacho or Cone (bless their hearts).
- Two business deals of note today: RM and Saudi Telecom Company will announce the extension of their deal tomorrow, while RM and Versace have just agreed to partner to dress the players this season. The latter deal ensures that Xabi will remain the classiest man in all of football (as if there was any doubt).
- Rumors, far-fetched ones at that, are swirling that Adidas is plotting to move Lionel Messi to one of the club it sponsors - Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea - and might offer to pay 125m Euros in order to make it so. Not a very likely move to say the least, but would you welcome Messi into the loving arms of RM if the opportunity presented itself?
- In slightly less earth-shattering transfer rumor news, the Daily Express is suggesting that RM might make a move for Chelsea's Ramires this January.
- If you haven't seen this video yet, a young Madrid fan is given a Barca kit for his birthday. His reaction? Priceless.
- And since Throwback Thursday is a thing now, check out this beautiful goal from Zizou against Deportivo from a night in 2002, a night in which Magic Johnson attended the match. What skill.
Bernabeu Bites, 11.07.2013: Preparing for Real Sociedad
The first team is back to work on the training pitch in preparation for the coming weekend as business deals are struck left and right.