- Sami Khedira took some time out of his day to rubbish the ridiculous rumors that he was heading to Chelsea. Speaking to the German newspaper Welt am Sonntag, Khedira praised Jose Mourinho, but emphasized that he is "first of all looking forward to working with Carlo Ancelotti."
- Apparently not content with already owning half of the best midfielders in Europe, Pep Guardiola is reportedly interested in bringing Mesut Ozil to Bavaria, according to multiple outlets. When Guardiola brought Cesc Fabregas back to Barcelona two summers ago, I remember reading a Zonal Marking article that speculated he occasionally would try to field a lineup/formation with no less than six midfield players. Perhaps this is on his mind again. Why he would tamper so much with a dominant, treble-winning Bayern squad is another question entirely.
- Rafa Benitez is interested in securing the services of Madrid's Spanish international Raul Albiol, as he continues his fascinating Neapolitan redesign.
- Diario As reports that Real Madrid and Mesut Özil are working to sign an extension.
- The always reliable Daily Sun is reporting that Real and Arsenal are set to do battle over Luis Suarez, with a 35 million Euro sum being floated as the buy-in. Somewhere Gonzalo Higuain sits staring out at the sea while strings swell on the transfer window soundtrack. Lord help us all.