- Alfredo Duro revealed on Punto Pelota Monday night that PSG striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has asked his agent to speak to Ancelotti about bringing him to Real Madrid. The Swedish international would be willing to lower his fourteen million Euro salary considerably to continue working with Ancelotti and join los Vikingos. Whether Real Madrid is willing to sign a 31-year-old striker is one thing, but could a locker room featuring both Cristiano Ronaldo and "I am" Zlatan Ibrahimovic function? Ancelotti does have a knack for dealing with superstar egos...
- Marcelo spoke with Marca a few hours after the Confederations Cup Final and revealed that this past season has been a trying experience for him after going down with two injuries. The left back expressed his love for Real Madrid and said that the Confederations Cup is an important step in helping him start the club season at the top of his game.
- Both As and Marca report that Madrid could make a move for Benfica midfielder Nemanja Matic to supplement the White's central midfielder/defensive midfielder ranks. In addition to paying a transfer fee, Madrid would allegedly try to include Fabio Coentrao in the operation to also get their hands on former Madrid defender Ezequiel Garay.
- The Guardian's Jonathan Wilson briefs fans on Carlo Ancelotti's tactical history and speculates whether Carlo was brought in more for his personality than for his tactical vision for this Madrid side. Ancelotti has only used Mourinho's preferred 4-2-3-1 formation in 3 percent of his teams' league games since taking the helms at Juventus, leaving Wilson to wonder whether Carlo will impose his own system or build on Mourinho's blueprint.
- ESPN FC includes Cristiano Ronaldo at the top of its transfer rumor list saying that CR7's representatives put some feelers out to Manchester United, PSG, and Monaco earlier this year in light of Ronaldo's "sadness." While ESPN FC's Miguel Delaney doesn't see the transfer happening this summer, he believes a long, drawn-out contract negotiation between Ronaldo and Real Madrid could hamper Madrid's quest for Gareth Bale. This story will certainly keep us on our toes this summer.
- On an entirely random but hilarious note, Ricardo Kaka shared this photo taken in Beijing alongside Sun Ming Ming and Yao Ming yesterday. Real's #8 flew to China to attend and show his support for the Yao Foundation Charity Game:
Bernabéu Bites 07-02-2013: Zlatan in white, Coentrão exit, Kaká in the land of giants
Happy Tuesday Madridistas! Here's the second edition of Managing Madrid's news round-up as we scavenge the depths of the internet to get you up to speed on Real Madrid's latest happenings.
By Pedro Cesca