- The squad resumed training today to prepare for Wednesday's clash against Olympique de Lyon and participated in a combination of physical exercises and ball drills. The club reports that Xabi Alonso and Raphael Varane participated in the first part of the training session before breaking off to continue with their respective rehabilitation routines. Fabio Coentrão, with the club's permission, did not train with the team today.
- Real Madrid's goalkeeper Diego López spoke to the press today and said he hopes to improve on the form he demonstrated last season and maintains he never wished to leave the club this summer. Diego is also enjoying training under Villiam Vecchi, whom he describes as a "genius with lots of experience."
- Marca reports that Madrid's chase for Spurs left back turned winger turned second striker Gareth Bale is entering its final stretch as Florentino will meet with Spurs owner Daniel Levy in Los Angeles two weeks from now to negotiate the transfer. According to the Spanish tabloid, Bale has agreed to terms with Madrid and would sign a six-year contract depositing a cool 10 million Euros into his piggy bank annually.
- In an interview with As, Napoli manager Rafa Benítez praises Carlo Ancelotti and asserts the former AC Milan boss is the perfect man to return Real Madrid to its core values. Benítez also highlights former Madrid players Callejón and Albiol's Champions League experience as an asset to Napoli's revamped squad.
- ESPNFC's Miguel Delaney speculates that this incarnation of Real Madrid looks more professional, balanced and seasoned than years past, not only in terms of players but upper management as well. Delaney characterizes Florentino's acquisition of Isco, Carvajal and Illaramendi as a savvy long-term investment in sharp contrast to his past off-season moves.
- As Managing Madrid reported Monday, Gonzalo Higuaín could be on the move to Napoli this very week. We will continue to bring you the latest on this developing story. The striker still trained as one of Ancelotti's players today.
<h4>More from Managing Madrid:</h4><ul><li><a href="http://www.managingmadrid.com/2013/7/23/4548304/florentino-perez-interview-equipe">Florentino Pérez: "Cristiano Ronaldo Will Retire In Real Madrid"</a></li><li><a href="http://www.managingmadrid.com/2013/7/23/4546958/higuain-napoli-real-madrid-news">Higuaín To Napoli To Be Announced Very Soon, Reports ABC</a></li><li><a href="http://www.managingmadrid.com/2013/7/22/4543838/carlo-ancelotti-press-conference-real-madrid-bournemouth">Ancelotti: "I Want Higuain to Stay With Us"</a></li></ul>