- Marca reports that Higuaín is to join Arsenal for a 27M€ transfer fee. If Negredo's transfer to Manchester City is finally agreed for 28M€, Real Madrid should've asked more money for Pipita.
- According to local TV channel ETB, Real Madrid would be willing to pay Asier Illarramendi's release clause. Furthermore, Illarra's wages at Real would be four times bigger than the ones in his contract with Real Sociedad. Illarramendi's release clause is 30M€. He's a good defensive midfielder that could play in Xabi Alonso's role. Illarramendi was one of the keys behind Real Sociedad's success in this Liga BBVA season.
- On this very same note, ABC journalist Tomás González Martín reveals that Xabi Alonso believes Illarramendi could be his successor. ABC also believes that Real Madrid would be willing to pay Illarramendi's release clause.
- Gareth Bale's transfer to Real Madrid seems to be even harder. As we reported yesterday, The Independent and Marca believe that los blancos will wait one more season before landing the Welsh star. Spanish TV journalist Josep Pedrerol reported in Wednesday's edition of Punto Pelota that Tottenham's President Daniel Levy informed Real Madrid that Gareth Bale will not be available for transfer "not even for 150M€".
- Striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has not been called for PSG's preseason stage. We covered Alfredo Duro's report on Ibrahimovic's interest on joining Real Madrid this summer in past Tuesday's Bernabéu Bites.
Bernabéu Bites, 07.04.2013: Higuaín Close to Arsenal
In today's edition of Bernabéu Bites, we take a look at the rumors that place Higuaín in Arsenal. Real Sociedad's midfielder Asier Illarramendi could also be close to Real Madrid, according to local TV channel ETB.