- Real Madrid President Florentino Pérez conceded an interview to Univision in which he said Cristiano Ronaldo wants to retire at Real Madrid, an idea reciprocated by the club. Florentino also claimed that Madrid want Gonzalo Higuaín to stay while admitting that Madrid never made an offer for Cavani or Luis Suárez. The President alluded to the possibility of Callejón moving to Napoli but denied any exit rumors regarding Angel Di María.
- Mark your calendars Madridistas! La Liga's 2013/2014 season kicks off on Saturday, August 17th, and Madrid will open the campaign with a clash against Real Betis. The first Clásico will take place at the Camp Nou on October 17th.
- The Guardian's Sid Lowe published an editorial on Higuaín's Real Madrid career and offered reasons for why our dear Pipita may have never felt fully appreciated by both fans and suits. Despite his impressive goal ratio, Lowe argues that Higuaín often took the blame for Madrid's failings more than any other player.
- Très bien, Zizou! Marca reports that Zinedine Zidane has passed the coaching certification exam doled out by la Federación Francesa de Fútbol and can now officially join Carlo Ancelotti in the dugout come August.
- And finally, in staying true to my depressing and lonely existence as a fan of the one they call Kakà, I think I've discovered who's been buying the midfielder's jerseys. Welcome to Shanghai, Ricardo:
Bernabéu Bites 07.09.2013: Florentino Speaks, Liga Schedule Announced
Welcome to this Tuesday's edition of Bernabéu Bites as we bring you the latest Real Madrid news from around the globe.
By Pedro Cesca