AS Monaco and their players will now have to pay taxes as if they were French citizens. They were exempt of paying any tax before, and that's why the club could afford moves for Joao Moutinho, James Rodríguez and Radamel Falcao. Owner Dmitry Rybolovlev promised Falcao a winning project that could be falling apart after François Hollande's decision.
According to Marca, Falcao is disappointed about the team's latest moves in the market. After signing star players Moutinho, Toulalan and James Rodríguez, the President brought in Abidal, Carvalho and Fabinho as free agents. Falcao has now seen how his winning project is not what he expected, but his contract isn't either. That's why he was offered to Real Madrid.
The Spanish sports daily reports that Florentino Pérez refused to make any moves about him, considering that it is too late to start the negotiations. Furthermore, Pérez would rather sign Welsh winger Gareth Bale.
Some fans could believe that Real Madrid need Falcao more than Bale, but Florentino Pérez has made up his mind already. Gareth Bale is his priority.
More from Managing Madrid:
- Fábio Coentrão Hands In Transfer Request
- Real Madrid Vs Real Betis, La Liga 2013 Match Preview: Madrid Seek First Win Of the Season
- Khedira's Agent: "Sami Will Play For Real Madrid This Season", Bernabéu Bites 08.17.2013
- Real Madrid Unveil Roster and Numbers, #11 Available
- Scouting Real Betis: La Liga 2013-14 Jornada 1