Only five days until transfer deadline, and Real Madrid have yet to complete Gareth Bale's arrival and some potential departures, with Benzema, Özil and Di María reportedly in talks with other clubs.
Now it's really closed: Gareth #Bale from @SpursOfficial to @realmadrid for £75M. Let's wait official confirms. #footballtransfers— Gianluca Di Marzio (@dimarzio) August 27, 2013
Di Marzio reported earlier this month that the deal was already closed for around 99M€, but he now says that the Spurs were going to buy Fàbio Coentrao, and that would explain the cheaper transfer fee now.
Gianluca Di Marzio is one of the most respected journalists in the world of football. He broke down Pep Guardiola's signing with FC Bayern Munich two weeks before it happened and when most of the journalists thought that Manchester City had the edge in the race to sign him.
An official announcement on Gareth Bale's signing is yet to be released. It could even happen today though, as Real Madrid play a friendly against Deportivo A Coruña this Thursday.
More from Managing Madrid:
- Reactions: Real Madrid Defeats Granada 1-0
- Iker Casillas On The Bench Again
- Granada 0 - 1 Real Madrid: Los Blancos Win A Tepid And Thoroughly Routine Match Through Benzema's Strike
- Isco & Di María Start: Granada vs Real Madrid Match Thread
- Eternal Sunshine of the Bale-Less Club, Bernabéu Bites, 08.26.2013