Good news and bad news.
Good news first. Athletic Bilbao lost their first home game at the new San Mamés before receiving Real Madrid next Sunday. Therefore, Atlético Madrid proved that this Bilbao squad can be beaten at home. It will be a very important Liga BBVA game for Ancelotti and his players, and Athletic Bilbao will certainly be a tough team to play against.
Bad news. Real Madrid will play against Atlético Madrid in the Copa del Rey Semifinals. The tie will start next Wednesday when Diego Costa, Simeone and company visit the Santiago Bernabéu. It will be very important to keep a clean sheet in that game in order to make the best out of our own firepower at the Vicente Calderón on the second leg. In addition to those bad news, that tie could benefit FC Barcelona's run for the Liga BBVA, although it's also true that both Real and Atlético have far more manageable Champions League's Round of 16 games against Schalke and AC Milan respectively while Martino and his men will clash against Manchester City.
- Jesé Rodríguez Deserves Relevant Minutes, Morata Doesn't
- Ancelotti: "If he's healthy, Bale will play against Athletic"
- Real Madrid Vs Espanyol, Copa del Rey 2013-2014: Solid Game To Get Into The Semifinals.
- Real Madrid Vs Espanyol: Copa del Rey 2013-2014: Player Ratings
- Real Madrid Vs Espanyol, Copa del Rey 2013-2014: Confirmed Lineups