After almost three years, the French court has decided that there was no evidence to prove that Benzema and Ribéry knew that Zahia Dehar was a minor. If they were convicted, they would have been facing up to three years in prison.
Benzema has been playing great this season, but he will surely feel relieved after his charges have been dropped, so he could even improve his performances.
Benzema is now a mature player who has not been involved in conflicting reports for quite some time now.
More from Managing Madrid
- Real Madrid's Next Ten Days Could Define The Season
- Real Madrid Will Face Atlético Madrid In the Copa del Rey Semifinals
- Jesé Rodríguez Deserves Relevant Minutes, Morata Doesn't
- Ancelotti: "If he's healthy, Bale will play against Athletic"
- Real Madrid Vs Espanyol, Copa del Rey 2013-2014: Solid Game To Get Into The Semifinals.