- Navas: 7. He did not have much work to do in the first half, but he was able to block all four of Basel's shots on goal. One of his saves was just brilliant.
- Arbeloa: 4. Disappointing performance by Álvaro, who was totally unable to help his teammates to attack. He did not make any serious mistake, but it was quite clear that we missed Carvajal tonight.
- Varane: 6. An average game by Varane, serious and clean as usual, but beaten by Embolo's physique a couple of times.
- Ramos: 6. A similar performance to that of Varane's. He got the yellow card he was looking for, to rest against Ludogorets and start the knockout rounds with a clean sheet.
- Coentrao: 7. It was good to see Fàbio back on the field. His defensive display was correct, and he was quite an offensive asset in the second half after Real Madrid switched to the 4-4-2 system.
- Kroos: 8. Once again, a fantastic game by the German surgeon. He dictated the tempo of the game with milimetric precision.
- Isco: 6. He keeps adapting to Modric's role and, so far, we should be happy with his performance. Today he suffered more than last Saturday, but he proved that he is willing to sacrifice himself to defend and he will still be able to shine with the ball.
- James: 7. Good game by James, incisive when in the left wing, but also appearing in central positions as if he were a #10 in a 4-2-3-1. He threw a great cross to Ronaldo that could have resulted in the 0-2, but the truth is that he should have better given the ball to Benzema instead.
- Bale: 7. He keeps improving his condition after his injury. Although he did not shine in the first half, he took part in Real Madrid's two clearest chances after the break.
- Benzema: 8. His performance throughout the game was average, but he deserves to be named the Man of the Match just by the brilliant slalom that enabled him to assist Ronaldo in the only goal tonight.
- Ronaldo: 7. Not the brilliant performance we should expect by Ronaldo but, once again, he was there to score and bring the points to home.
- Illarramendi: 7. His entrance was crucial for Real Madrid to build the 4-4-2 and regain the control of the ball and the game.
- Marcelo and Nacho were not on the field enough time to deserve a mark.
FC Basel - Real Madrid, Champions League 2014-2015: Player ratings
An average game by most of our players, in which Benzema's virtuosity tipped the balance.