Carlo Ancelotti confirmed after Real's 4-2 loss to AC Milan that Marcelo was able to train in Valdebebas. The Brazilian left back is therefore aiming to start Sunday's match against Valencia, although Ancelotti could still play it safe and deploy Coentrao on Real's left wing.
Ancelotti confirma que Marcelo ha podido trabajar en Valdebebas. Parece que llegará a Mestalla.— Lucas Navarrete (@LucasNavarreteM) December 30, 2014
Marcelo picked up a muscle injury during Real Madrid's 2-0 win in the FIFA Club World Cup Final.
- Real Madrid vs AC Milan, Dubai Challenge Cup: Player Ratings
- Real Madrid vs Milan, match report: Ancelotti's men lose last match of the year (4-2)
- CONFIRMED lineups: Real Madrid vs AC Milan, Dubai Challenge Cup
- Florentino Pérez says Gareth Bale is not for sale
- Real Madrid vs. AC Milan live stream: How to watch Dubai Challenge Cup online, TV