Spanish reporter Manu Sáinz -- who's close to Cristiano Ronaldo -- writes that the Portuguese player firmly believes that Carlo Ancelotti should be the Ballon D'Or winner in the coach's category.
Ronaldo believes that Ancelotti winning the Champions League and the Copa del Rey, and building a team capable of winning 17 consecutive games should be enough for the Italian to win the prize ahead of Simeone and Joachim Löw.
While Cristiano Ronaldo appears to have the edge over Manuel Neuer and Leo Messi for the big prize, Ancelotti won't have an easy task fighting against Simeone's brilliant, unexpected season with Atlético and Löw's World Cup title.
- Varane might be sidelined for Real's home game against Celta
- Real Madrid publish squad list for FIFA Club World Cup
- How long will it take for Sami Khedira to get back on the pitch?
- Six takeaways from Real Madrid's 5-0 win against Cornellà
- Isco's second yellow stands, final decision taken by the Spanish Football Federation