One more Clásico for this season. The Spanish Copa del Rey will have an unbeatable final this year after Real Madrid and Fútbol Club Barcelona did their homework to make it through the last match. It will be a great chance for both teams to win a title and surpass their hardest rival, increasing their morale for the last weeks in La Liga.
As most of the media are claiming, it is very likely that this game will take place in Mestalla, the Valencia CF stadium. This is only one coincidence with the 2011 final, which was also held in Valencia and also in April, on the 20th instead of the 19th. In that edition of the Copa del Rey, Real Madrid also qualified against Atlético de Madrid, but this confrontation occured in the quarterfinals instead of the semifinal.
However, nothing can be predicted for this final from all this information. Three years have passed and both teams are quite different from what they were those days, but we can be sure about the great spectacle we will be able to enjoy.
- Real Madrid Vs Fútbol Club Barcelona: Copa del Rey Final
- Tactical Analysis of Isco Alarcón As Real Madrid's False Striker
- Carlo Ancelotti: "Copa del Rey is the least important competition for us but a final is a final"
- Atlético de Madrid Vs Real Madrid, Copa del Rey 2013-2014: We Are In The Final!
- Atlético de Madrid Vs Real Madrid, Copa del Rey 2013-2014: Player Ratings