After the 3-0 win against Atlético de Madrid, one could think that Carlo Ancelotti would use the second leg at the Vicente Calderón to rotate his defenders. Mainly, because if both Pepe and Ramos get booked, they will miss the potential Copa del Rey Final against FC Barcelona.
But still, Carlo Ancelotti will not rotate his defenders on that game. That way, the match against Villarreal will also be as important, so Pepe and Ramos are once again aiming to keep their good form alive by stopping Villarreal's dangerous counterattacks. Check out Ancelotti's answer in the following video -as always, activate English CC-.
That way, Raphäel Varane might still have to wait a bit before making his return to the starting lineup. But of course, Carlo Ancelotti could also start the French defender against Villarreal to give Pepe some rest, because the Portuguese defender has not recovered properly from the tough derby against Atlético Madrid, Ancelotti said.
- Carlo Ancelotti: "Bale Will Play'
- Real Madrid Used September's 0-1 Loss to Increase Intensity Against Atlético de Madrid, Ancelotti Admitted
- Marcelo Racially Abused by Atlético Fans After the Game
- What does the win over Atlético mean for Real Madrid's future?
- Post Match Voices: "We should play like this in every match."