Good news for Carlo Ancelotti and his coaching staff. Dani Carvajal has recovered from the muscle injury he picked up during the FIFA break and was able to complete Real Madrid's training session with the rest of the squad. As usual after a mid-week match, Real Madrid's starters went through a recovery session inside Valdebebas' facilities, while the rest of the squad did some work behind closed doors.
If everything goes according to plan, Dani Carvajal should be able to start Saturday's Liga BBVA game against Deportivo La Coruña. It should be noted that Ancelotti has tested both Arbeloa and Nacho Fernández in Carvajal's place, so both defenders could be ready as well if the Italian coach prefers to play it safe and give Carvajal more sessions to get back to the squad's rhythm and physicality.
- Real Madrid Vs FC Basel, Champions League: Stats review
- UEFA Champions League 2014: Real Madrid Blast Basel 5-1, Start Decima Defense In Style
- Real Madrid Vs FC Basel, Champions League: Player Ratings
- Ancelotti: "Benzema's goal was spectacular"
- Halftime Update and Report: Real Madrid destroying Basel 4-1