Villarreal have decided not to pay the fee to include Denis Cheryshev on the team's list to play against Real Madrid this next Saturday. As usual, los blancos included a clause on Cheryshev's loan deal that prevents the Russian attacker from playing against the club which own his rights. Cheryshev was loaned to Sevilla last season as well, but some unlucky muscle injuries did not allow him to play consistent minutes.
With Villarreal, Cheryshev has started in four out of five Liga games, scoring one goal and delivering two assists. He's the second best rated player on Villarreal's squad, according to WhoScored, and while manager Marcelo García Toral has a deep roster to replace him, Cheryshev's speed and work rate could have harmed Real Madrid. Cheryshev is under contract with Real Madrid until 2017, but it's fairly unlikely that he stays in the Spanish capital next season.
- Five takeaways from Real Madrid's victory against Elche
- Analyzing Cristiano Ronaldo's stellar performance against Elche
- Ancelotti: "I am very happy for Illarra"
- Real Madrid Vs Elche, La Liga 2014-15: An Unstoppable Cristiano Ronaldo Devours Elche (5-1)
- Real Madrid - Elche CF, Liga BBVA 2014-2015: Player ratings