- We have already reported that the deal between Lucas Silva, Cruzeiro and Real Madrid is done, but its official confirmation could still be delayed a little longer. However, Cruzeiro's president is claimed to have ratified the deal in a press conference this morning.
El presidente del Cruzeiro confirmó en una RP la venta del jugador y dijo que aún quedan algunos detalles finales a discutir con el Madrid.— Madrid Sports (@MadridSportsEs) enero 23, 2015
- After completing the signing of Martin Ødegaard, it seems that Real Madrid are decided to continue building a roster to rule European football in the next decade, as they are reportedly trying to sign Hachim Mastour, a 16-year-old attacking midfielder that plays for AC Milan. Our very own Bozz wrote a great scouting report on him that you can check here.
Este es Hachim Mastour,el joven marroquí del Milan al que tiene casi atado el Real Madrid https://t.co/1AEhu83xp6— Tiempo de Juego (@tjcope) enero 22, 2015
- Last evening, a Jorge Mendes biography was launched in Madrid, in an event attended by many people from Real Madrid, like Cristiano Ronaldo, James Rodríguez or Florentino Pérez. Obviously, Jorge Mendes was also there and he left a couple of interesting quotes on Cristiano Ronaldo and José Mourinho:
I am almost sure that Cristiano Ronaldo will retire in Real Madrid, when he is thirty-eight, thirty-nine or forty years old. He is the greatest sportsman ever, and he deserves to be in the best club in the world.
Mourinho is really happy in Chelsea right now and Florentino is really happy with the people he has in Madrid now, but that does not mean that Jose will not ever return to Madrid, which he might.
- This morning, the Madrid Touristic Platform Association have organized an event in the Santiago Bernabéu to show, for the first time, an advert to promote their campaign Enjoy Madrid. A few Real Madrid players feature in that advert, which I can tell you is fun to watch.
- And the Tweet of the Day award goes to... Martin Ødegaard!
A dream came true today. Very happy and proud! #HalaMadrid— Martin Ødegaard (@martinio98) enero 22, 2015