- Assuming Real Madrid are going to play under a 4-4-2 formation, Bale and Isco need to help Carvajal and Marcelo defensively. It will be extremely important for Ancelotti and his men to keep Neymar and Messi under control, and they can only do that with good help through the flanks.
- Convert the chances! Real Madrid will surely get some good scoring chances against this FC Barcelona defense. Los Blancos need to be accurate in front of Claudio Bravo, because it's true that Barcelona are expected to have more goalscoring opportunities than Real Madrid.
- Play with a cool head. As Ancelotti said, this factor will be huge. Even if Barcelona manage to get the lead in the scoreboard, Real Madrid need to stay calm and play focused for the rest of the match. As the 3-1 win against them last October proved, lots of things can happen during a football match.
- Cristiano Ronaldo. This is the perfect game for him to recover his scoring touch. Real Madrid need him, because Bale will be helping on defense and Benzema is not a pure scorer. Ronaldo can harm Piqué and Alves if he plays well.
- Real Madrid will need Iker Casillas. This will be a game in which Real Madrid's goalkeeper will be expected to make some important saves. Barcelona can create dangerous chances and Real cannot afford to concede them all. Is this a make or break moment for Casillas?