Real Madrid are planning to sign a galáctico this summer. Los Blancos are taking a look at some very expensive players that could definitely change this squad, according to EcoDiario. David De Gea is set to join the club and that will already be a huge upgrade, but it seems that Real will also add more big names. Here's the list.
- Paul Pogba: Rumored to be on Real's radar for a while, the French midfielder reportedly said "yes" to Real Madrid last week, when his team knocked Real out of the Champions League. Juventus would want to get close to €80 million to sell Pogba. Many other clubs like PSG or even FC Barcelona would be willing to sign him as well.
- Marco Verratti: If Carlo Ancelotti stays, the Italian midfielder will be Real's top priority in this transfer market. He should be available at a cheaper price than Pogba and would be the ideal long-term replacement for Luka Modric. However, Real Madrid would not be as interested in him if Ancelotti finally leaves the club.
- Sergio Kun Agüero: If Real Madrid want to improve the striker position and move on from Karim Benzema being the undisputed starter in this squad, Sergio Agüero will be the target, according to EcoDiario's report. Agüero's stock isn't as high as it was years ago and Florentino Pérez likes him, so this could make sense.
- Marco Reus: The German midfielder signed a contract extension with Borussia Dortmund and stopped the rumors of a potential departure from Dortmund, but considering Klopp announced he is leaving the club too, it would not be crazy to see Reus signing for an elite European club.
- Eden Hazard: No matter Real's interest, Hazard will not leave Chelsea any time soon.