It's a 50-50 game. At least, that's what everybody involved in this match is saying. However, here are five reasons why Real Madrid will win the trophy.
- Experience. The players on Real's roster have more experience than Atlético's, and even those players in Atlético who have played such big games have bad memories. Only Keylor Navas and Casemiro lack the experience on big games, while Griezmann, Saúl, Oblak, Giménez and Augusto have not played in big games like this one and all are expected to start.
- Depth. Real Madrid have players like Isco, James Rodríguez, Lucas Vázquez or Jesé waiting for a chance to prove their worth and change the game. Simeone doesn't have those weapons on his bench.
- Attacking efficiency. There's no question that Madrid have more firepower than Atlético. They've scored more goals and they will most likely control the ball against Atlético, which usually leads to more chances created.
- History. Real have conquered this trophy many times in the past and Atlético haven't been as successful. That has to mean something, right? Right?!
- BBC. Karim Benzema, Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo have performed very well whenever they've played together this season, which hasn't been as often as Zidane would've liked given their injuries. They're all healthy and 100% ready to play and Atlético will have a hard time stopping them.