The draw for the Copa del Rey Quarterfinals will take place this Friday at 12:30 CET and if Real Madrid struggled against Fuenlabrada and Numancia they better brace themselves as things are going to get tougher very soon. Here are the teams Real Madrid could draw.
- Barcelona. They can afford to relax a little in La Liga and take a potential tie against Madrid more seriously than Los Blancos. Considering how bad Zidane’s men are currently playing, it would be catastrophic to face Barcelona in the Quarterfinals.
- Atletico de Madrid. Drawing Atletico could have serious consequences for Real Madrid as it would put a lot of pressure on their shoulders when they were going to use this month to gain confidence and momentum for the tough Round of 16 against PSG.
- Valencia. They’ve been brilliant this season and they are going after the Copa del Rey title. Furthermore, they really hate Real Madrid with a passion, meaning that they would be extremely competitive.
- Sevilla. New coach Vincenzo Montella couldn’t get more than a devastating 3-5 loss against Betis in the Sevilla Derby but they still have the quality to be a tough challenge for Madrid.
- Espanyol. Quique Sanchez Flores is a good coach whose capable of making things quite difficult for Madrid.
- Leganes. Real Madrid should be happy if they end up drawing Leganes, although their home-field advantage is tough to overcome.
- Alaves. They’ve been extremely poor and they would be the easies draw for Los Blancos.