On this episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Kiyan Sobhani was joined by David Garrido of Sky Sports to discuss:
- The bitter rivalry between Real Madrid and Valencia
- The Gaizka Mendieta ‘what if’ in 2001
- Valencia’s backline, and lack of center backs for this weekend
- Valencia’s form this season, including their recent slump
- Marcelino’s blitzing counter-attack, and Real Madrid’s worrying transition defense
- The upside of Carlos Soler
- Maksimovic, Santi Mina, Francis Coquelin and Valencia’s depth
- The discipline required to buy into Marcelino’s blueprint
- Developments on ‘Nou Mestalla’
- Real Madrid’s identity
- The blame -- where does it lie?
- The upside of Dani Ceballos
- And more!
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
David Garrido (@SkySportsDavid)