Many of us have been members of the Managing Madrid comment section for several years, and some have just joined in the recent months. Either way, it is a place for us to see other point of views that our fellow fans (and sometimes even opposing fans) have about our beloved Real Madrid. That inevitably leads to us becoming familiar with each other, our style of discussion, our favorite players, our least favorite players, what makes us excited, what pisses us off, and throughout all of that we are hopefully brought together with the understanding that at the end of the day we all have something in common: We are fans of the best team in the world... Real Madrid.
Several years ago, we took the time to get to know each other a bit through an “Introduce Yourself” thread. That was at least five years ago, so I think it is time we do it again. The goal is to do a series of these types of posts, so maybe in another few weeks we talk about where you were during a specific historic moment, or who your all-time favorite player is shown only through GIFs. I think it is important for the community that we know a little more about each other as people because it only helps with civil discourse and a sense of community.
So, let’s start by introducing ourselves, why don’t we:
1. Where are you from?
2. Did you play football growing up, or maybe even still play? What position?
3. When did you start following Real Madrid?
4. Why do you still follow Real Madrid after all this time?
5. A random fact about yourself, not Real Madrid related:
I’ll start, naturally.
1. Where are you from: Baltimore, MD.
2. Did you play football growing up, or maybe even still play? What position? I played from the ages of 5-18 as a right back and I regret that I didn’t continue playing through college.
3. When did you start following Real Madrid? 2004. The very beginning of the Galactico era. We didn’t get much coverage of games prior to that, unfortunately.
4. Why do you still follow Real Madrid after all this time? For many years I watched Real Madrid because of our fighting spirit, our never-say-die-attitude. I watched because we had the biggest and best players in the world on our team. How could you not watch? I continue to watch now, through a challenging time, because now I know we have been through challenging times before, and we always come out on the other side with more trophies and great experiences. It might take time and more suffering, but good times will come again.
5. A random fact about yourself, not Real Madrid related: I grew up in Hawaii as a kid and can still sing a song in Hawaiian.
We would love to hear your stories, so feel free to share and get to know your fellow community members a little better!