On this episode of the Managing Madrid podcast, Kiyan Sobhani and Om Arvind discuss:
- The stereotypical Quique Setien game
- Real Madrid’s awful defensive structure in this particular 4-4-2
- The psychological importance of Sergio Ramos’s goal
- Zinedine Zidane’s half-time team talk
- xG in the past few games, and how Real Madrid have been ripping it to shreds
- Lucas Vazquez’s contributions
- Two elephants in the room
- Mateo Kovacic not at his best
- Gareth Bale’s isolated role in the 4-4-2
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s epic off-ball movement
- Marco Asensiooooo!
- Theo’s lack of focus on Sergio Leon’s goal
- How Real Madrid will cope without Toni Kroos in the next few matches
- Real Madrid’s lack of defense in their DNA historically
- And more
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Om Arvind (@OmVArvind)