clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Real Madrid Have Signed Santos starlet Rodrygo

President of Santos FC confirmed the sale of their prized youngster

Santos v Estudiantes ARG - Copa CONMEBOL Libertadores 2018 Photo by Ricardo Nogueira/Getty Images

The Rodrygo transfer saga is finally over. Yesterday, this story had a slight twist, when Rodrygo left the hotel before the game, and with Santos consequently issuing a strong statement saying that they did not permit this action — even though they were aware that he is in negotiations with foreign clubs.

Shortly after this episode, Santos president José Carlos Peres confirmed that Real Madrid and Santos FC reached an agreement for a sale of Rodrygo Silva de Goes for 45 million euros.

Santos FC held 80% of Rodrygo’s rights and they asked for at least 40 million euros. The remaining 20% was held by Rodrygo’s entourage and they waived any claims for a reimbursement for their share of his rights.

Rodrygo will join Real Madrid next summer after he turns 18, due to FIFA regulations on transfers of underage players.

This move will see Real Madrid securing the two brightest under 21 Brazilian talents. However, Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo will be playing together sooner, because both of them were called up by Brazilian Under 20 National Team.

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Managing Madrid Daily Roundup newsletter!

A daily roundup of Real Madrid news from Managing Madrid