On this episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Gabe Lezra and Om Arvind discuss:
- How Solari’s Madrid has actually gotten worse since he took over from Lopetegui
- Solari’s (lack of) offensive tactics and what that means for the team moving forward
- Why bringing in new players won’t actually fix the problems with this squad
- Everyone looks worse--which is actually a perversely good thing
- Did Madrid actually “deserve” to win this match?
- More Isco chicanery
- And talk about what it means to “reinvent” the squad, and why that’s not what we’re calling for
- And more.
SPECIAL NOTE: This is Gabe. So sorry this is dropping late. I was supposed to upload it last night and I was honestly really under the weather and just passed out. SO here you go. I’ll do an extra free episode this week as penance. Love you all and I hope you enjoy (as much as you can, given everything) the show.
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Gabe Lezra (@ElEzrah)
Om Arvind (@OmVArvind)