On this episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Kiyan Sobhani and Om Arvind discuss:
- How the 4-4-2 functioned that day
- Neymar’s opening goal
- How Carlo Ancelotti had the team positioned in attack and defence, and his half-time adjustments
- The margin of error: Messi’s crazy miss changed the outcome of the game completely
- Carlo’s subs
- Carvajal and Marcelo at the top of their game
- Fede Valverde’s sudden emergence after a disappointing loan spell at Deportivo la Coruña
- Individual mistakes, this season and in years’ past
- Luka Jovic’s playing time, and Karim Benzema’s minutes
- How much should we push for Paul Pogba?
- And more.
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Om Arvind (@OmVArvind)