This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast is in two parts.
Part one (Kiyan Sobhani, Mike Goodman)
- What is the StatsBomb conference?
- What is the ‘right pass’ in football from any given part of the pitch
- Statistically, what is the best way to score a goal
- Defensive setups -- how to break down low blocks
- New metric: ‘expected threat’
- The eye-test / stats debate, and Kevin Durant logging on to Twitter to talk about ‘feel’
- Valuing the art of pressing
- Where does Real Madrid rank among the best pressing teams?
- Fatigue and its correlation with pressing
- And more
Part two (Kiyan Sobhani, Lucas Navarette)
- Clasico updates
- From a footballing perspective, is it better for Real Madrid to play this game in October or December?
- How worried should we be about Eden Hazard?
- Dani Ceballos’s development
- The “Ronaldo effect” and how to replace it
- What’s the starting XI if everyone is healthy and available (including the loanees)
- Decisions decisions -- so many this summer
- Where does Zidane see James and Isco if everyone is healthy?
- Chances of winning the league
- Jovic and Mariano playing time
- Links with these midfielders: Fabian Ruiz, Christian Eriksen, Donny van de Beek
- Should we be looking at these names or promoting from within
- What is Martin Odegaard’s best role? Kiyan spoke with one of Odegaard’s coaches about this
- And more
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Lucas Navarrete (@LucasNavarreteM)
Mike L. Goodman (@TheM_L_G)