On this episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Kiyan Sobhani and Matt Wiltse discuss:
- Real Madrid’s win over Celta and all it’s wrinkles
- Contextualizing the match -- sample size, opponent -- while discussing the encouraging signs
- Zinedine Zidane’s line-up selection
- The performances of Gareth Bale and Marco Asensio on the flanks
- The crosses compared to the season average this season, both home and away, and why Zidane likes to rely on them (and explaining a crossing scheme in general, and why it can and can’t work)
- Isco’s return
- Ditto Marcelo
- Bale’s role, historically, under Zidane
- Odriozola’s physical traits
- Zidane’s subs
- And much more.
Did you enjoy this podcast? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Matt Wiltse (@MattWitltse4)
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)