This episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast comes in two parts:
Part One, Kiyan Sobhani and Alan Smith
- Paul Pogba to Real Madrid rumours -- his mentality, how he would potentially fit, etc
- The closest player-comp in modern football to Alan
- Alan’s strike partnership with Gary Lineker
- His phone call from Sir Alex Ferguson in 1987
- Separating fandom from commentary
- The art of FIFA commentating
- What it’s like working with Martin Tyler
- Alan’s most famous FIFA line
- What’s changed in football since Alan’s playing days
- Leicester winning the title
- Jamie Vardy deciding to stay in Leicester rather than signing with Arsenal
- What happened to Lucas Perez?
- Shkodran Mustafi’s regression
- What’s next for Arsenal?
- The Aaron Ramsey Situation
- Alan’s predictionsL EPL 4th place, EPL winner, Liverpool vs Barcelona
Part Two (51:13) Sam Sharpe and Kristofer McCormack
It’s time for podcast number two of my (Sam) hopefully ten part series! If you need a recap, then you can listen to the first episode with Barcelona B expert Navid Molaaghaei here! Irishman Kristofer McCormack is a fresh addition to the ManagingMadrid team, and he possess a large amount of Castilla knowledge. Because of this, it was easy to get lost discussing everything from buy-back clauses, to Javier Belman to Martin Ødegaard and everything in-between. Two recent pieces that you have to read include a briefing on Raúl, the manager - and an article on the history of Real Madrid Castilla. Thanks for Kris for coming on, and to all of you who asked questions and contributed to the podcast, now relax and enjoy!
Is he trying to be the Spanish Mr Bean with that car?— Kristofer McCormack (Non World Cup Winner) (@K_mc06) February 28, 2019
Look out for Kristofer’s next piece dropping on ManagingMadrid in the next few days. I have some juicy guests in the works for the next few shows. Who would you like to see on the podcast next? Remember feedback is always appreciated and I’d love to know what you guys are thinking.
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Alan Smith (@9smudge)
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Sam Sharpe (@CastillaStats)
Kristofer McCormack (@K_mc06)