On this episode of the Managing Madrid Podcast, Kiyan Sobhani and Mike Goodman discuss:
- xG and xGA among the top 4 leagues, and what they can tell us
- La Liga’s low attacking numbers
- Premier League’s strength
- The money distribution in La Liga
- Depth of the Premier League
- Which stat is football lacking?
- OPPDA stat
- Examples of bad stats taken out of context
- The efficiency of crossing, and particularly in the context of Zidane’s tactics
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Mario Mandzukic pairing at Juventus
- How to break low blocks
- Manchester City’s incredible knack of scoring the same type of goal over and over again
- xGA for goalkeepers
- A hypothetical Spanish + French Real Madrid XI (for the future)
- And more
Did you enjoy this episode? Please consider supporting us through Patreon: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, op-eds, tactical analyses, artwork, and of course, podcasts. It also serves as a means for Real Madrid fans to connect and discuss the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly around the clock to make it into what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real and full-time presence in keeping this website, and it’s podcasts, going.
Hosts this week:
Mike Goodman (@TheM_L_G)
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)